Thursday, May 29, 2008

They Still Haven't Found What They're Looking For...

It's been exactly one year since my very first post.

Thank you. Thankyouverymuch.

In honor of this extremely exciting occasion, I thought I would share some insight from my Sitemeter.

Sitemeter is a tool that allows me to see how visitors manage to find my little blog among the millions of blogs that are out there.

Needless to say, I think most of them are disappointed when they get here. You'll see why when you check out these search engine requests (grammar and capitalization unchanged).

I'll also provide the link to the post they happened upon when Google failed them in their time of need.

Here we go -

1. how to hallucinate nyquil. related: Can I take nyquil with percocet, nyquil pills hallucination (person searching at 4:20am), anecdote for percocet, what is delaudin, etc. etc. etc.

2. sporty minivan (so many times I've lost count). also minivan anecdotes

3. no child left behind - These searches are almost always from some state's Department of Education.

4. Disney stock news - I doubt they are looking for pictures of my kids with Micky Mouse.

5. anecdotes on retirement - I'm especially certain this post was not helpful if someone was trying to decide when to start withdrawing from their 401k.

6. change of seasons chills achy muscles - The whole fallsummer thing probably sent this poor person over the edge.

7. extreme home makeover toddler rooms - A huge disappointment if they were expecting something from Ty Pennington.

8. someone who is in the know of things - Well, check out yesterday's post. Clearly, I'm just one wrong turn away from the crazy house.

That seems like enough for now.

Mostly, because I'm getting tired of linking.

But, it really has been fun. And, people from all over the world have visited my little corner of the Internet. People from Switzerland, Barcelona, The Philippines, Thailand, Minsk, Lebanon, Rio De Janeiro, Greece, South Africa, Australia, Saudi Arabia, England, and almost every single state in America.

So, thanks to those of you who read regularly and to those of you who stumble here in a Google search gone wrong.

I appreciate all of you and I'm having a blast!

1 comment:

Todd Pollock said...

Ha! This was a fun read, dude. Not as fun as the light saber stuff, but close.

Are you sure that Minsk is a country? I think it's a perfume. I'll do some research and get back to you.