Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mama's Day

It was one of those weekends where we were really busy and we're really tired, but it was totally worth it. We went to Animal Kingdom yesterday and had a great day. Then, Matt stayed up late to set up my Mother's Day gift - an awesome computer that I'm using rightthisverysecond!

Today, we went to church...




And then to MGM studios where Drew got to participate in the Jedi Training Academy once again. It was a close call, but he was one of the last kids picked. He's right up in the front again.



Check out that perfect form!




I know I posted video of this from last week, but this one is so much better. We got Drew fighting Darth Vader this time, and he was the only one picked to do this whole thing with the Storm Troopers. He was thrilled!




All the activities were fun and I'm completely loving my fantastic gift. However, the best part of the day was definitely the fact that this was the first year that BOTH of my kids totally understood it was Mother's Day and they were really into it. They were full of hugs and kisses and lots of "Happy Mother's Days." They were so proud of the card they colored for me and after I read it Drew ran over to give me even more hugs and kisses for my "present."

I told him as I tucked him in to bed tonight...that was my favorite part of the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a missing tooth on Drew? Maybe you should write about it.
Wink Wink.

Aunt Anna

Tara said...

Sounds like the perfect day.

Dellielou said...

Really enjoying your blog thanks.
That is SO cool that you live in florida, my boys would be living in the Jedi training! We'd love to come to florida one day but it will take a lot of saving as we live in wales!
Anyway, loving the photos, they are so precious x