Wednesday, May 21, 2008

If Someone Would Be Kind Enough To Just Press Pause

I took this video of my beloved firstborn on May 4th.

The child is not yet five years old.




I might as well start packing him up for college.

I mean, really, a loose tooth at 4 1/2 years old?

Is nothing sacred these days?

Aside from the fact that he'll be getting married any moment now, how cute is this kid? I love having conversations with him. He's got us laughing all day around here. My favorite part has got to be the fake cry and the "I don't want to be a grown up."

I could just eat him up with a spoon.


This picture was taken four days later.



He begged me to pull out the tooth that morning because it was really bugging him, but that tooth would not budge. We took Abby to school and then headed to Target (he was still off for the week because of his adenoidecotomy). We were in the toothbrush aisle (I'm not even kidding) when he held up his hand and said, "Mama, what's this?" Next thing I knew, I was holding his tiny tooth in my hand.

He was so proud.

I held on to that tooth for dear life and silently berated myself for not keeping a Ziploc bag in my purse for times such as these. Drew, however, spent this important time admiring himself in the small mirror I carry in my purse.

I mean, really, what's not to like?

We took a special trip to pick up a little pillow that would keep his tooth safe for the tooth fairy.




The next morning he had a crisp dollar bill to add to his piggy bank.

He was understandably thrilled.

I think he realized he could have a lucrative small business here because a few days later he proudly wiggled his other bottom tooth for me.

And then yesterday (12 days after losing the first tooth) he came home from school looking like this -




Mom? Dad? I'm going to need to borrow some money...and get some advice on how to prevent my kids from growing up.

Please, hurry.

I'm just not ready for them to grow up.

Well, at least now that they are potty trained.

1 comment:

Tara said...

This may just be the cutest video I have ever seen...