Tuesday, July 22, 2008

If A Stormtrooper Falls in A Playroom...

...and no one is there to pick it up, does it still ruin a perfectly good scene from Star Wars?


I don't know.

You tell me.



I think I may have mentioned that Drew is mildly interested in Star Wars. As such, I don't believe there is a single Star Wars toy out there that he doesn't own. He pretty much made a clean sweep on his birthday and we could film Episode 7 right here in our home if we could just get the funding.

Of course, I would have to convince Abby that she couldn't be Qui-Gon Jinn.

Because she would pick him over Princess Leia in a heartbeat.

Seriously.

So, after we put the kids to bed on Drew's birthday, Matt opened all of Drew's new action figures and arranged them as you saw in the above picture.

We were pretty sure he'd be thrilled.

His reaction did not disappoint.

He yelled out from the playroom, "Abby! Abby! Come here and see what my grown-ups did!!!"

That kid is one of a kind, I tell you.

He spent a long time acting out battles and lightsaber duels. Those figures barely stand up by themselves, so I spent the morning carefully balancing each character on their tiny little feet only to have them blasted away in the next battle.

It was so worth it though - check out this smile!



And, here's some video I took. It's a little long (2 minutes), but I think it's really cute. You would probably only agree if you really love my Drew...or Star Wars...

video

May the force be with you. (especially if you made it all the way through that clip!)

No comments: