Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beach Day

We went to the beach yesterday and it was so much fun! The weather was perfect - blue skies and a nice breeze. It was super-hot, but we stayed cool in the ocean and the pool. It was our second visit this summer and the kids LOVED it both times! Which is really saying a lot because they weren't really fans of the ocean when they were younger.

Not anymore - they had a blast playing in the ocean! There was a sandbar a little ways out so we had to go through some deeper water to get there. They loved walking back and forth through the deep water (remember, deep is a relative term when you are only 3-4 feet tall). I just couldn't believe how brave they were - especially little Abby! Her head was barely peeking out of the water at times. They had fun playing with daddy in the ocean - wrestling in the water, getting piggyback rides, swinging way up high and then coming down to let the waves crash into them.

They also built sand castles and collected seashells to decorate the castles. I wrote their names in the sand and Drew really loved jumping all around his name.

You would think I'd have tons of pictures to show for all this fun, but I don't. My Nikon is taking an extended vacation with its manufacturers and I sure do miss it. I took the opportunity yesterday to record lots of video because I'm usually so busy taking photos that I don't get enough live action shots.

But - I took over 200 pictures capturing all the glorious fun when we were at the beach a few months ago.

I just can't figure out why my camera needed a break.

I've narrowed it down to 15 of my favorites. I love these pictures because they really capture how much fun we had that day. Some really great family memories...





































Did you count?

You caught me. I added two more at the last minute.

It was just that much fun!!

And, yes, I have several pictures of me playing with the kids. However, this is my blog and if I don't want to post a picture of myself in a bathing suit then I don't have to.

And you can't make me!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Love the one with Drew in the foreground and Abby and Matt in the background. So cute and great photographic composition!