Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Birthday Boy

My sweet, sweet Drew is turning 5 today.

I love this big boy...



Five years ago, I had no idea how much this little man would change my life. Other parents try to prepare you for what it's like to have children, but nothing could have ever properly prepared me for the way my heart feels when I see this face...



Drew, you bring so much joy to our lives. I am so proud of you and everything that you are. You have the most wonderful and caring heart of anyone I know. You are so very smart and you love to learn new things. You are very funny and creative - we are always laughing at the things you say and do. You are very polite and articulate - other people can't believe that you are only five years old.

You are mine, sweet boy, and I just wouldn't have it any other way. I am so grateful to have you as my son and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you.



Happy, happy birthday to you!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Drew! Hope you had a great birthday.