Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Part Deux...

Yep, I'm still talking about Thanksgiving around here. We celebrated with my dad's side of the family on Sunday. So, of course, that means several more pictures. And, I have to apologize for the number of pictures in these last two posts that include me. Usually, I'm not such a fan of putting pictures of myself on the blog. Truth be told, I actually manage to escape having my picture taken very often at all. In fact, this is the only picture of me from Easter this past year.


I don't think that needs an explanation.

Anyway, my sister has decided it is her mission at family events to make sure I'm included in some of the photos. Seriously, she grabs the camera from my hands and then recruits an uncle or two to make the kids smile.

If you know my family then I probably don't need to tell you that getting both kids to look at the camera AND smile at the same time is hard work. And it usually takes some bribery to get the job done.

Hmmm...it feels as if I've totally lost my focus.

Oh, yes! Thanksgiving, part deux.

My dad's parents (my Grammy and Grandaddy) were there as well as my Aunt Kris. Here's a group picture of everyone that was there (except for Kyle, sorry dude).


Grandaddy, me, and Abby -


Aunt Anna and Kyle (pleae note that "Kyle" is pronounced with two syllables around here thanks to Abby Grace).


Abby with one of the uncles that always makes her laugh.


Here are the four of us with our grandparents and Aunt Kris.


Grammy was getting lots of love from her great-grandchildren!


Four generations of men in our family...


And, drumroll please, the best picture taken of my little family in over a year!!


It was a happy day with good food and quality family time.

Just the way it should be...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your journaling and I LOVE the pictures, especially because they have you in them. I am guily of the same thing. I think it should be a New Year's Resolution for many of us. Hope you are well! I miss you bunches and bunches! Abby is getting so big, it's crazy!

Anonymous said...

Love, Jen (forget to say that part!) LOL!