Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Champions!

still catching up from last month...

Our Gators are the 2008 National Champions and we are ecstatic! Seems like I need to get this picture published somewhere - Tebow and Harvin - what an awesome year!!


As I mentioned before, my Christmas gift to Matt was a ticket to the Championship game down in Miami. Here is Matt with the kids in the morning before he left - all in their Gator gear!


As soon as we won the SEC Championship, I knew I wanted Matt to be able to go to the game. It all worked out so that Matt could go to the game with one of his favorite guys, Toddy P. They tailgated all day long and met up with many old fraternity brothers - they had a great time!


We knew that Matt's cousin Joanna would be there tailgating, but figured he would have a hard time finding her because so many people would be there. What a coincidence to find out that they were tailgating right next to each other!


Anna demonstrates the Gator chomp before the big game!


Matt rode down to Miami with Anna and her best friend Cassie. They hung out for most of the day and had so much fun. Aren't they so pretty?


It was an exciting game. There were many ups and downs and lots of reasons to cheer. Matt barely had a voice the next day, and he and Todd complained that their hands were sore from all the high-fives.


But, it was well worth it because the Gators were the big winners! We are so proud of them, especially Tebow. He is just amazing!


The next morning the kids were so happy to wake up and find out that the Gators had won the game. They watched SportsCenter for the highlights and wanted to wear Gator t-shirts to school. They couldn't wait for Daddy to get home!


And, when Daddy did get home he had a big surprise for me. Aunt Anna and Kyle babysat so Matt and I could go out for dinner and a movie.

At dinner, Matt gave me a card which I assumed was just a thank you card. It was. But, it also said that he wanted to give me something special to say thank you for the generous gift of going to the game.

So, he had bought me a day at the spa at the Gaylord Palms Hotel. The spa there is so fancy and I just loved it when I was there for my 30th birthday. So, I get to go for a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, and overnight stay whenever I want!

I was so shocked. And I'm SOOO excited!

A Gator win and a spa day...it doesn't get much better than that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am feeling a sense of normalcy again! And I feel special because I was part of one of your "comeback" blogs. Cassie will be thrilled as well... she reads this blog religously!

Give my babies some x's and o's,
Aunt Anna

Cassie said...

Oh.my.gosh. I made the blog! You see, what I didn't tell you was driving Matt was all a plot to get on the blog. It worked! And his company on the long trip wasn't so bad either...

Joanna said...

Yay I made the blog too! I still can't believe that out of the hundreds of tents, Matt was the tailgate right next to us! How funny!