Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Being a Girl Requires a Lot of Maintenance.

My mom and I had been trying to get together and go for a pedicure, but our schedules kept conflicting. We could not find one day that she was off from work and I would have both kids in school. We finally decided to do what all other reasonable adults would do in this situation...


We took Abby with us!!!

Oh my word! This little princess was so excited to join in the fun. I don't think she had any idea what to expect, but she just knew we were going to do something special and that it would involve nail polish.


She sat on my lap at first. She wasn't scared at all - it just seemed silly to put her in one of those big chairs all by herself. Whenever the lady would finish doing something with my feet, she would do the same for Abby. She filed her little toenails and massaged her legs and Abby loved every single minute of it!


After about 20 minutes, one of the other girls came over and offered to take a picture of us. I think she really just thought Abby was adorable because next thing I knew...


She picked her up and moved her to her own chair! Now she really got the royal treatment! She painted Abby's toenails bright pink and then offered to let her pick out two designs. Abby chose a heart and a flower.

Then she asked if she could paint Abby's nails and, of course, I agreed. I dare anyone to say no to this face-


Grams and I told her the name of this polish was "princess pink!" She also got a heart and flower design for her pinky fingers!


One happy girl...


Eventually, she climbed back over to my lap while we waited for Grams to finish and then we took this picture-


That's a lot of 3 year old fun for only $10!

On the way home I was telling her the name for what she just did was a manicure and a pedicure. She thought about that for a minute and then asked me, "Mom, why is it a manicure if it is for girls? It should be a girlicure."

She was so excited about her nails for the rest of the day. She kept playing with the little designs on her fingers and I warned her to be careful with them so they would last longer.

I didn't realize I had made that much of an impression until later that night. She woke up around 2am and she was screaming! I ran in her room, knowing she had probably had a bad dream. I calmed her down and asked what was wrong. She replied, in between sobs, "I had a dream that Drew was scraping off my nail polish. He was ruining my manicure!"

I assured her everything was fine and she went back to sleep.

I assume she began dreaming about her first facial...

1 comment:

miss shortcake said...

What a fun way to spend an afternoon! And I agree, it really should be called a "girlicure"! ;)