Sunday, April 6, 2008

I've Got To Remember To Write That Down.

Anyone with children has certainly uttered this phrase more than once. And I am no exception.

One of the things I so love about scrapbooking (and now this blog) is that it's a way to document the little things that happen in our lives on a daily basis. I spend more than enough time feeling tired, stressed, and frustrated. However, I also know that I am the mama of two of the sweetest people on the planet, and I want to remember all of the details of their personalities as they grow up.

I know that I will look back in many years and long for these days and wonder where my babies have gone. I love knowing that I've written so much of it down that I should be able to easily re-create the memories in my head...along with the help of the myriad of pictures I take almost every.single.day.

Even Matt, who used to roll his eyes when I pulled out the camera, has embraced my passion for photos of the kids. He's much more patient as I take shot after shot, and he even encourages me to pull out the camera in situations when I wasn't even planning to take pictures. Plus, he got me a super-fancy camera for Valentine's Day that has totally rocked my world.

Nothin' says love like way-cool technology.

All to say, I thought I would share some of the sweet things that have come out of my firstborn's mouth over the past few weeks. I have diligently written them all down so I can even get the wording correct. Grammar and 4 year olds aren't always best friends, you know?

And, to avoid having to come up with any more clever transitions, I'm going to present this in a handy list format!

Give it up for the list format!

Yahoo!!


1. While he was eating breakfast one morning, "Mama, I love you so very much on this spinning earth." Later on, "I sure am getting dizzy from all this spinning on the earth."

2. Again, over breakfast, "Mama, I sneezed in the night and no one was there to say god bless you. Don't worry, I say it to myself."

3. As I was comforting a crying Abby, "Wow, mama. Thanks for taking care of my girl."

4. Soon after an episode of Dora the Explorer, "Oh no! Swiper try to swipe Jesus from my heart." Giggles. "Don't worry mama, Jesus is always safe in my heart."

5. And just last night as I climbed into bed with him for snuggle time, "Thank you for doing me all the things today." I said, "Your welcome, Drew. What do you mean?" He said, "You know, all the things you do for me and take care for me. You're the best mom ever. Ever! Ever!"


And, he just walked in the room and said, "Mama, I just need my snuggles now." I happily obliged and then covered his face with kisses. He laughed uncontrollably saying, "All right, all right, that's enough kisses!" I made a sad face and he said, "Okay, mama, you can kiss me as much as you want."

Who could say no to this face?


No comments: