Friday, March 13, 2009

Heartbreaker

Drew's school had an event today called Trek for Tech. The students ask for donations, walk laps during school, and then the money is collected to purchase computers/technology for the school.

I volunteered to help with the event and I was so excited when it was finally time for the kindergartners to come out for their turn to walk laps. I love Drew's class - they are adorable and I have so much fun with them every Friday when I dividend at the school.

I watched as Drew and his classmates began their walk. After a few laps, I saw one of the girls in Drew's class run up to him and grab his hand. They walked holding hands for several laps and I could not believe how incredibly cute it was! I took their picture with my camera phone. I have no way to upload it to my computer so I took a picture of my phone with my regular camera.

The memory is just too sweet not to share...



When we got home, I asked him if she was his girlfriend (I've seen them holding hands at running club before and last week when we were leaving running club she came over to hug him goodbye). He smiled shyly and said, "I don't know. I guess I'll have to ask her. But I think so."

When did my precious baby boy get so big? He just breaks my heart with his sweetness.

No comments: