Sunday, June 15, 2008

In A Tribute To Father's Everywhere, Golf Is On For Six Hours Today.



We had a nice, relaxing Father's Day at our house. We started by going to church -Matt got to sleep in while I got the kids ready. My dad was coming over for lunch along with assorted aunts and uncles and uncles-to-be. I was getting things ready (read: quickly cleaning the guest bathroom) when I heard Matt say to the kids that he was going to draw something. Curious, I popped my head in a few minutes later to find this on the kid's easel -




I think Drew's love of Star Wars has been well-documented. However, he's only seen Episodes 4-6. It is with much anticipation that he is expecting the first three movies from Grams for his birthday.

Grams, do not fail him now.

He got a new toy yesterday from one of the first movies (Anakin's ship, I think) so I guess Matt wanted to make sure that Drew FULLY understood how the storyline goes. I think Drew's got it now...



Don't judge us for the margarita on the table with the Star Wars toys - it's Father's Day! Celebration! Woohoo!

Even Grandaddy (my dad) joined in on the fun. I'm lovin' him in this Darth Vader mask.




And, Abby is scared of Vader and has refused to put this mask on until today. After seeing Grandaddy and Kyle wear it though, she just couldn't resist!



Ok, back to Father's Day. We celebrated with Matt's dad last night by going out to dinner. I got a little choked up at dinner as I spoke some very nice words about a very generous man.

Then we came back to our house and I kicked his butt in poker.

I like to really personalize my gifts.

My dad came over for lunch today. There was lots of food, enough cards to ensure Hallmark makes a sweet profit this year, and plenty of books on tape to keep him busy as he commutes to work this summer.

Oh, and some sweet grandkids who just love their Grandaddy.





The kids were so excited about today. They couldn't wait to go in and wake Matt this morning to tell him "Happy Father's Day" and smother him with hugs and kisses.

And, rightly so.

They have a good daddy.

The best daddy.

One who plays with them, provides for them, teaches them, comforts them, prays for them, and most of all - loves them more than they will ever know.




I think it's clear that the feelings are mutual.

Happy Father's Day, honey!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love that your husband took the time to "whiteboard" a process flow of Star Wars history, and I love how Drew delivered the presentation complete with sound effects.