Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Room Darkening Shades Don't Even Help...

Clearly, the inventors of daylight savings time did not have small children. Because if those said children began waking up at an unreasonable hour of the morning because "the sun is already awake" then they would have changed their minds and left well enough alone.

Immediately.

Because trying to explain to a 4 year old that the absence of complete darkness does not mean the same thing as "the sun being awake" is impossible. I've tried. In fact, Drew told us yesterday that he "waited and waited and waited for daylight" before he called us to his room.

I suppose I'll just be thankful for his patience...

1 comment:

Tara said...

I know! I have been having this battle with my two-year-old! I hear "ah!, ah!" coming from the crib at 6 a.m. and am absolutely beside myself. I have concluded there is no such thing as an "extra hour" with small children. So glad you acknowledged this...