Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sometimes It's Just Better Not To Ask...

As we were driving in the car today, Drew seemed deep in thought about something. So, I asked him what he was thinking about. I immediately regretted the decision when he replied, "I'm thinking about the difference between boys and girls."

Eager to discuss any concerns he might have Worried about the direction this conversation was quickly heading, I asked with trepidation, "Really, what do you mean?"

"Well, girls like pretty things and boys like awesome things."

I was SO relieved at his answer that I didn't even mind refereeing the argument that followed as an offended Abby made it clear that she very does so much like all the awesome things and the pretty things and the awesomely pretty things. Thankyouverymuch.

Close call, my dear friends.

Close call.

No comments: