Monday, November 16, 2009

Teamwork

About a week ago, Matt was outside playing basketball with the kids while I got some things done around the house. Drew and Abby kept running inside every few minutes for a "huddle." After eavesdropping on them a few times, I decided to pull out the camera and take video. Here's a little peek into what was going on...



Just to clarify, we ARE Magic fans in this house. However, the Lakers are currently the champions. So, every time Matt and Drew play basketball, Drew insists on being the Lakers while Matt is the Magic.



There are so many things I love about this.

I love that they run into the house to keep their plans a "secret" from Matt because he pretends to listen to their huddle. And that while they are inside, Abby still hushes Drew so that Matt can't hear them.

I love that this captures their personalities - Abby is the chatter box and the one in charge and Drew just goes along with the plan. I love that Drew is being so sweet with Abby - passing the ball to her and letting her shoot the baskets instead of doing it all by himself.

I love that the plan is for Abby to pretend she is sleeping, yet as soon as they get out there they make Matt pretend to sleep so they can score a basket on him.

I love that Matt has two hoops set up - a little one for Abby and the tall one for Drew.

Mostly, I'm happy that I caught these moments on video. It wasn't anyone's birthday or a holiday or a special occasion. It was a normal Saturday afternoon of kids playing with their Daddy. It is these moments that I'm conscious to commit to memory or to photograph/videotape. It is these moments of getting along with each other and using their imaginations and having fun that I want to remember. Not just the special occasions, but the everyday things that make these children such a joy to be around. To remember their sweet voices and little bodies - just as they are.

I LOVE this age for both of them. We really couldn't be having any more fun...

No comments: