Friday, November 21, 2008

Tyler Matthew

Baby Tyler is finally here! We were so excited to drive over for a visit to meet the newest member of the family! And, of course, to check on the new big brother and his parents!


Baby Tyler is sweet, adorable, quiet....well, he's really just perfect. And, big brother Ryan is adapting to his new role just fine - he loves his baby brother so much!

He's not the only one though! Drew and Abby couldn't wait to get their hands on their new cousin. Abby's maternal side came right out. She immediately wanted to hold him. She helped give him his bottles, she followed along to observe diaper changes, and she held him just as much as we would let her!


She was so delighted with him that she's been asking for a new baby ever since! She tells me that she really wants to be a big sister so she can take care of her own baby.


Drew couldn't wait for his turn...


Drew is so gentle and good with babies. He was fascinated with the new little guy.


Matt and I finally got a turn to hold our nephew.


But, not for long though! We had to get a group shot of all the cousins!


And, the proud grandparents! It's so much fun to watch this family grow and I have a feeling that these two people are having the most fun of all!


All the excitement died down a bit as the older kids began to play with all of Ryan's toys and the adults sat down to lunch. But, I grabbed this little guy out of his bouncy seat and snuggled up with him on the couch. I smelled his sweet head and felt his breath on my chest. I loved the feeling of his little "frog" legs all scrunched up under his body. I could lean over and kiss him as much as I wanted. This yummy newborn stage passes by so quickly and I just wanted to soak it all in.


And, would you believe he was already smiling?! Just a reflex, of course, but it was so fun to see his gummy, little smile.


We love you baby Tyler and we can't wait to see you again very soon!

Welcome to the family!

No comments: