Friday, August 29, 2008

My Busy Bee

Abby's first day of school was Monday.


Last year she was a terrific turtle. This year she is a busy bee. And she sure is excited about it! All summer long she's been talking about getting to be in the class with the "big kids." After watching her big brother go to school last week, she was more than ready for her first day.

Her "meet the teacher" day was cancelled because of Tropical Storm Fay. But, she wasn't nervous at all - she walked into that classroom like she owned it.

Oh, yes she did.


Of course, Drew was very happy for his little sister. They are buddies, you know.


I've got a little teacher's pet on my hands. She loves everything about school! Loves the activities, the learning, the play, the friends, and the teachers. She is very obedient and I can tell by the way she describes her day (or a few of the other children) that it would never cross her mind to misbehave at school. And to be honest, she's quite offended when the other students are not "good listeners."

I am so in love with her teacher. She has an excellent reputation. The kids are busy in that class and they will be learning so very much. But, they are having so much fun too! It's just the right balance. Her teacher is so loving and she sings all day long! I love the positive attitude she exudes to the parents and children - in fact, I'm in awe of it.

On Wednesday, she opened the door at dismissal to greet the parents in line. She clapped her hands together and said, "Oh, thank you so much for sharing today!"

We all looked at each other a little confused as "show and tell" wasn't until Friday. The mom at the front of the line said to the teacher, "I'm sorry, we didn't bring anything to share. What were we supposed to bring?"

And, after spending 4 hours with a class full of 3 year olds, Abby's teacher joyfully replied, "Oh, I just meant thank you for sharing your children."

And, I'll admit, I thought to myself, "Yep, my girl certainly is a sweet gift to share."


She truly is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make them stop growing! Now!

I had so much fun seeing you at the Gator game. I can't wait to tailgate for LSU. I will send the pictures soon... probably tomorrow.

Aunt Anna

Amy from Texas said...

Don't you just LOVE little girls? So different than those big brothers:-)

Cute pics!

Joanna Kassar said...

Hey Amy! I just read your sister's comment on the LSU game. I will be up in Gainesville for LSU too! Maybe I will see you! :)