Tuesday, February 12, 2008

For Grams...

My mama loves to spoil my kids. She is always on the lookout for good stuff to go along with whatever the kids are into for the moment. For Drew, it is pirates. Peter Pan was his favorite movie for averylongtime and that has now branched out into anything "pirates." He loves to play with his pirate ships and pirate figures and to talk like a pirate during most of his spare time. Which, let me tell you, he has an abundance of.

Anyway, Grams happened upon a Jack Sparrow costume from the Disney Store and knew her grandson had to have it. She brought it over one evening while babysitting, but didn't remember to give it to him before he went to bed. Apparently, while she was tucking him in she said something to the effect of, "I'll see you in the morning."

Whoops.

The next morning, I hear Drew call out, "Grams, Grams...I'm awake. Grams? GRAMS?" I went in to get him and let's just suffice it to say that he was not pleased to see me. You know, the one who actually took nine months out of her life to grow him into a person.

Gratitude is a funny thing in these preschoolers.

Anyway, he was so upset that I figured the present Grams left behind would totally cheer him up. Ummm...no. He was mad that she wasn't there and he didn't want to have anything to do with her stinkin' present. He wouldn't even look at the costume, and pitched a fit every time I tried to show it to him over the next few days.

He and Jack Sparrow had not gotten off on the right foot. Or the left foot, for that matter.

Yesterday, he finally changed his mind. And, they are now the good friends that we had imagined they would be all along.


Gotta check himself out in the mirror...

And, look! A sword! Miss Danielle gave this to Drew for his birthday last year. He LOVES that she wrote his name on it.


In action...



All to say - thanks, Grams!
Come on over anytime! You are back on our good side!

No comments: