Monday, January 28, 2008

A Day Late and A Dollar Short

Yesterday was Tara's birthday. It was a celebratory weekend because I also hosted a baby shower for her. She's expecting her second little boy on my Abby Grace's birthday.

It's really all very exciting.

We had the shower at her mother's house where I ate approximately 643 cookies. Because, really, the woman can just bake.

Anyway, I would have liked to post a "Happy Birthday" message yesterday, but I was very busy taking this picture...


And this picture...


And this one...


And this one...


And I couldn't forget this...



Clearly, I didn't take the next picture yesterday, but it just really goes along with the theme I have going here. It's of me. Early 80's. Dressed as my very favorite princess for Halloween. I can vividly remember my mother sewing this costume.


And the blue eyeshadow... I think I'm making a pretty bold statement with the blue eyeshadow and red lipstick. You gotta love the 80's.

And, my apologies to Uncle Austin for throwing him under the bus in this next picture, but I had to get the front view of the dress too.


Wait.

Where was I?

Oh, yes, Tara's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA!

We really had a great time at the shower. Tara warned me she was going to wear jeans because she is just HUGE and cannot fit into anything she has. When I saw her "huge" 30-week pregnant belly, I sadly realized that it is very similar to what my stomach looks like after unlimited salad and breadsticks at The Olive Garden.

Or a good night at Outback.

Take your pick.

I spent some time with her while she was getting ready for the shower and she pulled out some really cute pants. She commented that she hoped they would fit and blah, blah, blah. I picked up those pants and looked at the size.

Size zero, internet. Size zero.

She was quick to point out they were "regular"pants rather than "petite."

I almost slapped her.

But, she's 30 weeks pregnant so I restrained myself. And told her that this information was totally going on my blog so everyone could dislike her as much as I do. But, she's really great, so it's difficult to harbor the bad feelings for very long.

The shower was so much fun. Lots of her family came into town, including two of her cousins who were a riot! We got into talking about weight loss (as women always seem to do) and one of her cousins said her strategy for staying thin was not to eat. Literally, only eats one meal a day. I wondered aloud if she was angry about this because that's what not eating would do to me. I would be very, very angry. She laughed, but I was completely serious. Someone else tried to help me by chiming in that mothers need lots of energy so we need to eat to keep up our strength.

Yeah, yeah. That's right.

I just prefer to get my energy from cookies 'n' cream ice cream.

And an assortment of fried foods.

Tara got me a little thank you gift - a gift card to The Cheesecake Factory. Because, cheesecake, as she well knows, is my love language.

Happy Birthday Tara!

2 comments:

Dawn G. said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Not eating makes me very very angry too. I love the Snow White pics.

DidiLyn said...

I am up at dark thirty, too entering to win the 300 at Mig Mama's blog. Just happened by your site and you so gave me my chuckle of the day. You are hysterical. And slap your "size 0" friend for me after she has her baby, would ya? Thanks.
Oh, I'm free this weeken for the Cheesecake factory. Let me know when. :)
Diane